Are you or your group looking for a venue to exhibit artwork?
Our gallery space is approximately 2800 square feet. We change exhibits each month, providing up to 12 different art experiences for our visitors each year. (January is maintenance month, so we no longer hold exhibits in January.)
We have a variety of pedestals for 3D work and depending on the sizes of 2D work, we can and have displayed over 120 pieces of 2D art.
If you are interested in applying for an exhibit please prepare the following:
- A CD of images of participating artists
- An Artist Statement for the planned exhibit
- A Biography of participating artists
- Any additional written material you would like to see used for PR
Mail this package to:
Riverside Arts Center
Gallery Director / Exhibit Committee
76 N Huron Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Some things to keep in mind before applying for an exhibit:
- There is a $200 gallery fee for the month.
- Exhibiting artists supply the reception.
- Artists do postcards if they want cards; we will supply labels of our gallery mailing list.
- The gallery doors are kept open via volunteers; exhibiting artists should plan to help with gallery sitting.
- Riverside Arts Center receives a 30% commission of gallery sales.
- Artists are allowed to bring and sell prints (matted, numbered, signed, sleeved) of the original art they will be displaying, as well as note cards of their artwork.
- Although Riverside Arts Center has insurance to cover artwork housed in the gallery for the exhibit month, artists need to consider the value of their art and maintain their own insurance.