Are you or your group looking for a venue to exhibit artwork?
Our gallery space is approximately 2800 square feet.
We have a variety of pedestals for 3D work and depending on the sizes of 2D work, we can and have displayed over 100 pieces of 2D art.
If you are interested in applying for an exhibit please prepare the following:
- A collection of digital images of artwork by participating artists
- An Artist Statement for the planned exhibit
- Resume’s of participating artists
- Any additional written material you would like to see used for PR
- Method one for submitting the above information: Email all the digital images and documents to: gallery [at] riversidearts.org. Type in Subject line: Submission for Gallery Exhibit.
- Method two for submitting the above information: Place the images on a flash drive and send all the info to the below address.
- Note: do not send any materials that would need to be returned
Mail this package to:
Riverside Arts Center
Gallery Manager / Gallery Committee
76 N Huron Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Some things to keep in mind before applying for an exhibit:
- There is a $200 gallery fee for the month, provided once the contract is signed.
- Exhibiting artists supply the reception.
- The gallery doors are kept open via volunteers; exhibiting artists need to plan to help volunteer with gallery sitting.
- All artwork is to be prepped for exhibiting, 2D work must be properly wired for hanging.
- Riverside Arts Center receives a 30% commission of gallery sales.
- Although Riverside Arts Center has insurance to cover artwork housed in the gallery for the exhibit, artists need to consider the value of their art and maintain their own insurance.