Posting Date: January 18, 2017
Riverside Arts Center, a multi-use and multi-discipline arts center in Ypsilanti, MI, is seeking a part-time Gallery Manager. The gallery hosts monthly exhibitions with additional programming throughout the year. The Gallery Manager has the opportunity to shape the future vision for the gallery and Riverside Arts Center.
• Scheduling, curating, and managing exhibitions;
• Consistent communication and coordination with artists;
• Marketing of exhibitions to the local community and wider arts community;
• Recruitment and supervision of a volunteer docent team;
• Management of the gallery shop and art sales;
• And preparing monthly sales and attendance reports.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in the visual arts as well as non-profit arts administration, curation, and gallery management. Applicants should be community-oriented, collaborative, organized, and enjoy working with a wide range of people from varied and diverse backgrounds.
The Gallery Manager is a 20 hours per week position. Pay is competitive and reflective of experience. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received. Interviews will begin the week of February 13 and continue until the position is filled.
If interested, send cover letter and resume to info[at]riversidearts.org or use our Contact page to apply.