Fashion Designers Challenge
A Runway Design Competition
It will be part of this year’s “Ypsi Style” Fashion Show
Hosted by Riverside Arts Center, Ypsilanti, MI
May 11, 2012
1. Accepting up to 15 aspiring designers for this year’s challenge on a first come, first served basis.
2. Entry Fee: $20
3. Pick up Entry forms on April 13, 2012, between 8am and 1pm at Heikk’s Decorated Apparel Studio, 133 West Michigan Ave., Ypsilanti, MI
4. Pick up the “brown bag of materials” at Heikk’s on April 27, 2012. Every designer will be supplied with the same materials and then challenged to create a class of apparel from these materials. Specific details will be shared at pick up.
5. Designers will have two weeks to complete the challenge.
6. Each designer will be responsible to provide a model to wear their creation for the runway presentation. Obviously the designer will fit the item to their model.
7. There will be a single winner selected by a team of three knowledgeable judges. In addition to being named the 2012 Ypsi Style Runway Winner, a prize will be provided.
So are you up to the challenge? If so, stop by Heikk’s on Friday the 13th between 8AM and 1PM to enter the competition. Remember that only 15 entries will be accepted to first come, first served!