Manager of Operations, Riverside Arts Center
Manager of Operations Job Posting– Riverside Arts Center 76 North Huron St.
Ypsilanti, MI 48197 www.riversidearts.org
Position Title: Manager of Operations
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Riverside Arts Center | Ypsilanti, MI
Salary: Full time – 40 hours per week. $40,000 annual salary, 10 paid vacation days, 5 sick/personal days, plus major holidays.
Positions that directly report to this job: interns and volunteers.
OUR VISION The Riverside Arts Center offers diverse and high-quality arts programming that makes a positive contribution to the image, culture, education, and economic development of the Ypsilanti community. A hub of artistic ventures, Riverside Arts Center produces and hosts various fine and performing artist activities in an accessible facility that includes a theater, art galleries, dance studio, artist studios, and classrooms. With a primary focus on the Ypsilanti community, Riverside Arts Center provides artistic programming for Washtenaw County and the surrounding area.
OUR MISSION The Riverside Arts Center offers, promotes, and nurtures dynamic arts and cultural programs through arts education, performing arts, visual and fine arts activities that serve and engage the community in Ypsilanti, Washtenaw County, and the surrounding area.
The Manager of Operations is responsible for managing the organization’s financial landscape. They will coordinate space rentals, class and exhibit schedules and review, track and help maintain records and the database. The position will assist with management of programs, classes, and special events. As the face of Riverside Arts Center, they will greet visitors and callers.
- Maintain the operations manual
- Maintain elevator code and key distribution
- Develop and maintain welcome sheets for every room
- Database administration
- Seek tenants and administer the rental of facility space to tenants to maximize usage of the Riverside Arts Center facility and prevent scheduling conflicts.
- Ensure tenant event offerings are consistent with the mission of Riverside Arts Center.
- Theatre check-in and check-out
- Manage the maintenance of the facility in collaboration with the Board’s Facilities Committee.
- Maintain cleaning supplies storage room.
- Coordinate capital improvement projects.
- Keep the facility both inside and out in clean condition.
- Lead tours of the building
- Respond to rental questions
Competencies and Attributes
● Ability to exercise a high degree of judgment and diplomacy as well as maintaining the highest integrity and ethics
● A drive towards collaboration, innovation, and pursuit of new opportunities, along with comfort in organizations vision to become a vital part of downtown development.
● Strong interpersonal skills and comfort with all aspects of the community and a strong customer service value system.
● Solid, persuasive verbal and written communications skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as a proven record of working collaboratively and diplomatically with others
● Demonstrated ability to build and lead a diverse team and effectively manage, motivate, and mentor volunteer staff.
● Demonstrated ability to think strategically and contribute to organization’s strategic plan.
● Strong business acumen and decision-making skills; ability to set priorities; strong process and project-management skills.
- Bachelor’s and/or Masters degree in Art, Arts Administration, Education, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in a related field.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation.
Please send resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Amy Fracker, at email@example.com by July 30, 2021